How and Why to Use Google My Business Posts
Publishing Google My Business posts may be the extra source you need to stand out and inch ahead of the competition. In this post we address what they are and why you should definitely get on board.
What are Google My Business Posts
Your Google My Business listing includes pictures, locations, contact information, and other bits of information relevant to your business. Underneath all that comes your Google My Business posts.
Google My Business posts:
- Must be relevant to the business
- Must lie between 100 and 300 words in length
- Must be appropriate and honest
- May include a picture
- May include a call to action
- May feature blogs, new products, events, sales, and more
- May contains to another webpage
- Only appear for 7 days
Why Use Google My Business Posts
So why even bother with Google My Business posts? After all, they are only a few words long and so cannot convey too much, and also they disappear after 7 days. Are there any reasons to bother with them?
Actually there are quite a few!
1. Most Businesses Are Yet to Catch Up
Because they are less than 2 years old, a lot of businesses are yet to figure out where Google My Business posts fit in their overall online and content marketing strategy.
This is your chance to get early adopter attention by making these posts part of the way you interact with the web. Even when other businesses eventually hop on the train, you would still maintain the advantage because of your longer track record of using Google My Business posts.
2. They Are a Free Way to Reach Users
They help you reach users who may be interested in your brand or industry, but who do not follow you anywhere else on the internet. You also gain SEO benefits from all the quality backlinks you can create with the posts and possible shares.
3. They Make You Look More Authentic
Google My Business posts are the perfect thing to convince someone trying to decide whether or not to make a purchase. Just imagine: they look over your listing and see the same standard information on your competitor’s listing, only just beneath lies a neat post on some relevant aspect of your business, maybe something that showcases your human side--and they get sold!
4. You Can Test New Ideas
The posts only last 7 days, so you can easily try different wordings and ideas to see which delivers the best return--a useful tactic if you have something like a sale or giveaway planned.
5. They Can Present You as Well Informed
The format for Google My Business makes it perfect for sharing news stories and pertinent items which will show readers that you are up-to-date about the industry, and also bolster your image as an authority.
6. They Are Super Easy to Create
To top it all off, Google designed these posts to be super easy to create and publish!
How to Use Google My Business Posts
Creating and publishing a post is pretty easy. Once you have claimed your Google My Business listing take the following steps:
- Click “Posts” on the dashboard or sidebar to get started.
- Upload a pic and crop to fit if necessary.
- Write out your offer using 100-300 words.
- Select an event OR another type of post.
- Select an event time OR add a call to action and a link.
- Preview, make sure everything is in order.
Obviously, the first thing you have to do is claim your Google My Business listing. And after that you will be just a few steps away from benefitting from all the advantages that come with regularly publishing Google My Business posts.